Applications are now open for Norfolk artists, makers and schools to take part in Norfolk Open Studios 2021.
Norfolk Open Studios welcomes applications from all artists, groups of artists and schools. The key requirement is that artists taking part and the studio or school you are opening are based in Norfolk with a Norfolk postcode. To find out more about the scheme, see About Norfolk Open Studios.
After cancelling last year’s event due to the pandemic, we are excited to be able to look forward to this year’s scheme, which has moved to take place in early autumn, 25 September to 10 October.
We will continue to monitor Covid restrictions and guidelines and plan accordingly, keeping in mind the safety of artists and visitors. However, our hope is that we will be able to once again celebrate our amazing Norfolk artists and community in a way that Norfolk Open Studios (NOS) has been doing for 27 years!
If NOS 2021 is unable to run due to Covid-19 restrictions, all membership fees will be refunded in full. If the scheme continues to run but individual artists/group of artists feel unable to take part due to Covid concerns, they will be able to receive a full refund as long as they notify the NOS office by the end of June (exact date tbc). After this date these cancellations will be treated on an individual basis for refunds.
How to apply
To take part you need to complete an application form and make payment for your membership fee, details below. The deadline for completed applications is Friday 23 April.
Artists and Groups can complete an application form in either of the following ways
- Register and apply online
- Download, complete and send back via email/post the form below
Schools can complete an application by downloading the form below and sending back via email/post
- Individual artist membership: £110.00 (inc. VAT). If there are other artists exhibiting in your studio/venue they must also pay the individual membership fee. Another option is to apply as a group to cover all the artists in that one venue.
- Artist group membership: £300.00 (inc. VAT). Group membership is defined as members that are not specifically taking part as individual artists and/or are run or occupied by more than one person. It is financially beneficial to participate as a group if there are more than 3 artists exhibiting in one venue. All artists within a group must be living or working in Norfolk and at least one artist from the group must be present at the venue to meet and talk with visitors during Open Studios.
- School membership: £110 (inc. VAT)
Membership fees include:
- A profile and artwork image in the NOS brochure
- NOS website listing, which remains published on the website for up to a year
- Access to NOS marketing materials
- (Artists & Groups) An opportunity to exhibit a piece of artwork at the week-long Preview Exhibition at the Forum in Norwich
- (Schools) An opportunity for students to exhibit at a School’s Preview Exhibition at the Anteros Arts Foundation Gallery in Norwich
- (Artists & Groups) An opportunity to exhibit as part of a Preview exhibition in your district (subject to demand and an artist volunteering to coordinate this in your district)
- Press, PR and marketing support for the scheme as a whole.
Terms & Conditions
All participating artists and schools must agree to the terms and conditions of taking part, these can be viewed via the links below:
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.